The University of Iowa

Consultant Services

Consultant or lecturer fees, travel, and subsistence may generally be included in a budget, provided the particular sponsor doesn't disallow such charges. Note, though, that federal employees cannot be paid through federal grants. 

Confer with UI Purchasing to request professional services performed by a consultant.  A Professional Services Agreement (PSA) is used for consulting services.  when you expect the consultant to be paid more than $5,000 in a year. Questions about the PSA and procurement process can be directed to UI Purchasing.